Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Mutterings of a Broken Artist

To the Dreamers Out There,

Sometimes the past comes back to confront us. It can leave you reeling, trying to catch your breath, as a fish gulps for air sitting on the dock. And sometimes, the world ceases to spin quite so fast, and you can sit back, take a moment, and recess the turbulent mind be at ease. Knowing you have had something you missed.

The act of creation. It has been many years since I last sat down and wrote on my blog, and wrote something, anything. I haven’t opened my laptop to work out some fiery ball of a book. A few days ago, I knew I had to get some form of creativity back in my life. I don’t know what this means yet. It could mean painting, or writing, or who knows what.

Right now, I revel in the life I have recently lived. That I have two families. My Canadian one and my Southern one. I have a new job that does allow a certain quality of creativity. I don’t work full time any longer. I’m craving to amerce myself in something in my spare time, and see what flourishes.

Perhaps this spark will lead or mold into something more. I have stories to tell, regardless the form it takes shape in.

Sincerely,
Melissa A King (Kayden Mcleod)

1 comment:

Heather S said...

New beginnings, M! I hear ya.