Crab and Cream Cheese Won Tons
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup crab meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pkg. won ton wrappers, small squares
- Blend together ingredients. Drop one tablespoon on each of the small-sized wrappers.
- Fold in corners and seal with egg whites, by dipping your fingers in the egg and gently brushing and sealing the wonton wrappers.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy and brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon green pepper (chopped)
- dash of nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Shape into good size crab cakes.
- Fry in butter or margarine in electric fry pan at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Hot Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 8 ounces fresh or canned lump crabmeat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Mix the artichoke hearts, spinach and crabmeat in a medium-sized bowl. Add the sour cream, parsley, seasoning and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Gently stir to blend all ingredients.
- Pour dip mixture into a shallow, medium-sized baking-dish. Sprinkle the remainder of the grated Parmesan cheese on top of the dip.
- Put the baking dish with the dip into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Make sure the dip is heated throughout. The Parmesan cheese should assume a golden color before removing the dish from the oven.
- Serve the dip to your guests with tortilla chips, pita bread or carrot and celery sticks for dipping. This appetizer makes six to eight servings.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 24 fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cooked crab meat (You can use canned, vacuum packed, imitation, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine melted butter, egg, crab meat, bread crumbs, egg, dill weed, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl to form the stuffing mixture.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into the mushrooms.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden.