Kayden’s Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 -5 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 -4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bell pepper, diced—any color you choose
- 2 398ml cans of refried beans
- Dash of oregano
- Cayenne Pepper to taste (I use about ¼ of a teaspoon)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 can of tomato paste
- ½ cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- A package of large flour or corn or tortillas (10-12)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or marbled cheese
- Sauté in pan, onions in cooking spray or a teaspoon of butter until tender and slightly browned on medium-low. Add bell peppers and garlic for about five minutes. Put in chicken, and then add cayenne pepper and oregano. Allow to cook for another five minutes.
- While that finishes, spread the generous amount of refried beans on half of each the tortilla. Sprinkle the filling over the refried beans and press into it. Fold about an inch of the edge of the tortilla, and then the roll tightly. Place these a bit apart on cookie-sheets (this is for crispiness of the finished product, but if you prefer softer, then tuck closer together)
- Bake at 330-340F for 20 minutes. While this cooks, mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Take out of the oven and spoon sauce over each enchilada lengthways, and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes.
Optional: Sprinkle with chopped green onion or green chilies. Serve with sour cream and salsa.